• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Preferences causes Captivate 7 to shut down

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select Edit Preferences, Captivate 7 shuts down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate 7. I have renamed the Preferences folder and restarted Captivate. Same problem. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Captivate installed on your system (not on a network drive)? Same question for the paths for Captivate files and Captivate cache files? Can you delete the cache?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same problem with Captivate 7.  Did a complete uninstall (deleting any files left behind), then reinstalled, but Captivate is still shutting down when I try to look at Preferences.  The program also refuses to open a blank project.  I can do just about anything except for preferences and open blank project.  Any ideas about what could be tripping things up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When reinstalling, did you clear the Preferences and Layouts folders? Maybe there are corrupted. Location of the folders and custom items if you want to save them before clearing everything:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources