• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHELP to PDF > Page numbering issue

Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am experiencing a problem related to page numbers in the pdf generated through the RoboHELP source files. Hereby I am giving some images of the initial pages of the PDF, in which I have clearly explained the issue. I have removed the content and images related to our project. Please let me know, how I can overcome this issue.

NOTE: The page numbering issue was not there earlier.  I have imported two frame maker files. Then I was not able to generate a PDF. That particular FM file had a table. Read in the Adobe forum that some type of tables may affect the generation of PDF. Hence, I have deleted the FM files. Since then I am facing the page numbering issue.

Here are the images with my explanation of the issue:

The following is an image of the pdf. This is actually the fourth page of the pdf, but it is numbered as xiv.

1.png

The next pae is numbered as xv. Again the numbering reverted back to xiv as shown in the following iamge.

2.png

Immeditely after the TOC, the 1st page is numbered as 115.

3.png

Again every 1st page of a chapter is starting as page number 115

4.png

The 2nd page of every chapter is numbered as 126.

5.png

The 3rd page of every chapter is numbered as 125.

6.png

The fourth page again numbered as 126 followed by 125, which is continuing till end of the chapter.

Please let me know how this issue can be solved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what is causing this but can suggest a workaround. Instead of publishing direct to PDF, create a Word document only. That may have page numbering issues but there you should be able to correct them. Then publish your PDF from Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp