Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro CC has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Cs6 was working fine, I recently updated to the CC suite and after downloading about 6 products, t hey all work except PP.

Event Viewer gives me this error.

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.0.342, time stamp: 0x5176598d

Faulting module name: amdocl64.dll, version: 10.0.1084.4, time stamp: 0x50d22720

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000062e07

Faulting process id: 0xa1c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaff731e4b0da

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\amdocl64.dll

Report Id: 71783af4-1bea-11e3-bdf2-00248ca76e09

Thing's I've tried...

updating all drivers, chipset, vga and juat about any other out dated driver.  Ive un-installed PP three times and re-installed it.

I haven't tried a system reinstall yet as I noticed a few other people have the same problem, but they seem to have fixed theirs and I'm stuck

My system is not new but only a few years old and handles CS6 just fine.

Windows 7 64bit premium

ATI Radeon HD 4800

i7 2.6gz

6gb RAM

Anyone still int he same boat as me, are Adobe aware there's a bit of a problem?

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Please go to device manager again and put the graphics driver in VGA mode. You can do it by choosing "Browse my computer for driver software" and then select "let me choose option" select standard VGA from the list Then go to " Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" and uninstall AMD catalyst control centre. Once it is done, go to AMD website and choose auto detect feature to detect you GPU from "http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx". Once yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found this error message

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karribuki,

Please go to device manager and disable the Radeon card and then try to launch Premiere pro. If it's launched then go ahead and enable the card again. Close the Premiere pro CC after that and try to relaunch it again with the Radeon card enabled. Please update if the solution fails.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vinay! thanks for the quick response.

When I disable the card and launch PP it works.

I tried enabling the card again then exiting PP and starting back up and got the error message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to device manager again and put the graphics driver in VGA mode. You can do it by choosing "Browse my computer for driver software" and then select "let me choose option" select standard VGA from the list Then go to " Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" and uninstall AMD catalyst control centre. Once it is done, go to AMD website and choose auto detect feature to detect you GPU from "http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx". Once you find the updated drivers install them and check whether the issue is fixed or not. You can also use this link to uninstall AMD catalyst "http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx".

Please restart the machine after all the steps and then launch Premiere pro CC.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I took those steps, but still get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to C:\Windows\system32\amdocl64.dll and drag that file onto the desktop. Launch the program again.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!!! So now just keep that file on the desktop or delete it. This .dll file seems to be corrupt. You can now use the product.

Happy editing

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Enjoy the Adobe products.

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow !.

You got such awesome help on this one from Vinay.

Nice job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,  So far so good.  If this fix holds then you are a god amoung men.  The interwebs are full of dead threads and ignored cries for help, pierced by the faint echo of scurring techies and college interns lunging for the comfort of their cubicles to dawn their Beats crowns filled with soothing sounds of Katy Perry.  On this/and very similar dll issues I have lost hundreds of hours of video editing by following the wonderful advice given out by the baffoons at MicroCrap (Really Microsoft, giving advice for 8.1 with Win 7 tools that don't even function or exist anymore??).  I have run the rounds of error dll's from ntdll, kernel, gpufoundation, and a few others for over a week.  I know it is the amd HD 7800 series Graphics card;  I have read lots of guesses and poorly disguissed referals to third party toilet fillers; just no fixes.  Here's to hoping and if this holds I will spread your legendary link far and wide across the digital universe.  Geeks and Yuppies will rise in unison to blissfully cheer - Bon Voyage Capitannnn Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vinay, this seems to have fixed it for me. Despite deleting the opencl dll rendering is still nice and quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vinay your solution solved my problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good evening, Vinay,

Looks like you had some success with this error, but it still prevents me from starting Premiere Pro CS6 when attempting the various changes you suggested.

Do you have any other ideas for me?

This has happened to me about a year ago, and I can't remember what I did to solve it. I know it's possible though.

-Lane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have the same exact DLL throwing the same error. So happy I can use the program now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching between AMD GPU and Intel GPU, you need Catalyst Control Center...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oB2oDO-IFk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines