• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom toolbar for wrap text in Bold - fcodes? or extendscript?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm replacing the text_formattig toolbar with one that looks the same but instead of adding format overrides, it wraps the selected text with the bold, italic etc elements.

So in text_format.xml I have added, for example>

<ACTION command="WrapBold">

<images dark_normal="P_TextBold_18x18_N.png" dark_rollover="P_TextBold_18x18_R.png" normal="P_TextBold_18x18_N_D.png" rollover="P_TextBold_18x18_R_D.png"/>

</ACTION>

and in customui.cfg I have>

<Command WrapBold

<Label WrapBold>

<KeySequence \!c2b>

<Definition \xF49 >

<Mode All>>

This launches the Quick Insert menu, but I'm not sure if I can key down and select b then enter, to wrap with the required element.

Can I combine fcodes to do this? Does anyone know?

or am I better off calling Extendscript from the toolbar instead?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracey,

What version of FrameMaker are you running? FM 12 has a customizable Quick Element Toolbar that may be what you want. See:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WS2d2a17056e219198-10de064142a20156dc-8000.html

for information on both using it and customizing it.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Lynne, but it is Framemaker 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracey,

You might want to have a look at Klaus Daube's work on enhancing the toolbars at http://daube.ch/docu/fmaker55.html and also his write up on more details of customizing FM in this pdf: http://daube.ch/docu/files/etb-customising-fm.pdf

The work is mainly for unstructured FM, but it can also be applied to structured FM toolbars and I believe that you can use combined fcodes in some some command actions (there are some keyboard shortcuts that work this way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Arnis,

I managed to get it going by calling Extendscript registered commands....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines