• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a topic appear twice in a browse sequence?

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all:

I am using RH10 and generating webhelp.

There are a few topics that occur in multiple places in the TOC and browse sequence. When I browse through the webhelp, it skips over a topic when it is encountered for the second time.

The browse sequence is set up like this:

Topic A

Topic B

Topic C

Topic A

Topic D

When I browse sequenctially through the generated webhelp, the topics are displayed like this:

Topic A

Topic B

Topic C

Topic D

It occurs in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

It seems that a topic can appear only once in a browse sequence. Is there any way to work around this and make the topic appear in two locations in a browse sequence?

Best wishes,

Juliette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search on “Browse Sequence” – there’s a trick using a dummy topic and a frameset to fake it out I seem to recall…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I'm not sure I'd refer to the topic as a "Dummy" topic. I think instead I'd refer to it as a "container".

Jeff is almost there. Create the topics you wish to have. For the topics that repeat, insert an Inline Frame (not a frameset) and configure the inline frame to point to the topic that should "stand in" and be presented multiple times.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Container/dummy/stand-in – tomato/tomatoe ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp