7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2014 11:10 PM by Willi Adelberger RSS

Indesign to epub problem

Averma

@Indesign: Before installing 2014 adobe indesign cc updates when i export my indesign files for epub it look good but now i export the file for epub it look very bad. My file has some pdf images earler when export the file pdfs images shows different-2 as is like pdf but now it show one pdf all the instence. I don't know what is happenning. Please tell  me about that

• 1. Re: Indesign to epub problem
          Willi Adelberger CommunityMVP

When you talk about EPUBs you have to give us more information:

1. Which version of InDesign (also the dot version as there are many different settings)
          2. What are the settings you are exporting it.
          3. Are the images anchored or not, are they in the article panel or not?
          4. I don't understand what you mean with My file has some pdf images earler when export the file pdfs images shows different-2 as is like pdf but now it show one pdf all the instence.
          5. Screen shot
          • 2. Re: Indesign to epub problem
            Averma Community Member

1. Indesign cc version 9.2   ×64

2. ScreenShot194.png  ScreenShot195.png ScreenShot196.png

3. All images are anchored, not in article panel

4. ScreenShot197.png

I have these types of files some content some images some objects. So when i am publishing this file for epub, first image is comming at all instance at all the place.

I am using one pdf for images that pdf file has 30 pages which i used in rectangle frame.

• 3. Re: Indesign to epub problem
              pooja2087 Employee Hosts

Hi,

We would like to understand why this is happening. Would it be possible for you to share your file with us? You can upload packaged InDesign document as a zip file to dropbox and share the link with me. My email id is pja@adobe.com.

Regards,

Pooja

InDesign Engineering

• 4. Re: Indesign to epub problem
                Averma Community Member

Hi Pooja,

I have shared a zip file with you. Please have a look at once and help me to solve this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqtdtk9l4v95lo8/ITIL_Foundation_Unit3_IG_r3.5.0%20Folder.zip

• 5. Re: Indesign to epub problem
                  pooja2087 Employee Hosts

Hi Atul,

Thanks for sharing your files. It helped me identify the problem.

In InDesign 9.2 version, we shipped a feature wherein same images if used more than once used to be present only once in the EPUB package. The images need to be exactly same for reuse to happen. In case of multi-page PDf, this reuse is incorrecly happening and the code thinks that it is the same PDF so keeps repeating the same image in the entire EPUB. I have logged a bug for this at my end.

As a workaround, you can specify some attribute on different images like stroke so that we can bypass the resuse mechanism. Select the graphic frame and assign it a fill color. Do this for every frame but make sure the color is different for each frame. I know this is cumbersome, but this is the only way you can avoid reuse from happening.

Please try once and let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Pooja

• 6. Re: Indesign to epub problem
                    Averma Community Member

Hi Pooja,

Thanks for your quick reply.

New feature becomes a problem for me. But earlier version is fine with me. IF i changed every frame colour it will take too much time because i have multi-pages pdfs approx 200-300 pages in one pdf. Can suggest me some other way.

And one more thing can i uninstall that upadates from my InDesing. if possible please let me know.

Thanks

AV

• 7. Re: Indesign to epub problem
                      Willi Adelberger CommunityMVP

In your case, I would save a copy of the file and in Acrobat Pro extract pages, as single pages and place these single files. I would not recommend to go backward as other problems will come up and I would expect that the bug fix might take at least several weeks.