Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Splash Screen blocks access to websites

Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot get to any search engines using multiple browsers. Always defaults to the splash screen to install Adobe Flash Player Ver: 12.0.3.77. Can get to some websites directly but not all. Wants to install: install_flashplayer_12_x32_64_msaa_aax_latest.exe

Just noticed the problem on 3/24/14 and found just a few similar complaints starting on that same date. If you go to Google.com, Yahoo.com, Bing.com....this screen ALWAYS appears and can go no further. Swapping out routers don't seem to do the trick.

Adobe.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's NOT (repeat: not) from Adobe. Not no way. Not no how.

Flash Player 12.0.3.77 DOESN'T exist yet.

The latest version is 12.0.0.77 and you most likely already have it.

What you also have is either malware on your system, or your router was hacked: http://hackersnewsbulletin.com/2014/03/hackers-hacked-300000-wireless-routers-check-now.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response Mike. I thought about that....maybe a faulty router.....so I swapped it out with another,,,,,and when the same had happended after installing that one, I replaced it with a third. Same redirection to this site. I am thinking now that we may have an infection to a workstation but was wondering how a redirected web domain can be sent to another. I haven't checked all machines "host" file, but I did check one that was having problems and it was clean. The router's DNS settings were not compromised. We'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines