• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clearing/Resetting Image Button Gallery

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, hoping you can help me with more of a trivial but annoying thing today. My co-worker helped me find this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6153857#6153857 but it unfortunately does not bring resolution to this. So if Rod, you have any more you can think of, or others have some other ideas, I would be grateful.

Basically I've made custom buttons for our company elearning modules, and as went through the design process, I made some changes to the design based on new ideas or discovering inconsistencies. I now finally have the complete button set I want, but I have a two-fold problem. First is those buttons I first was using and testing that aren't the same design as the final versions still show up in the image button listings despite having been deleted from the gallery -> buttons folder in my C:/ drive. Additionally, some of them I simply saved over previous versions but the previous versions are the ones that are showing up in Captivate even though no such previous version exists in my gallery -> buttons folder. I know I can just rename them, but they will still be there, thus continuing the first problem. Any idea how to clear these no-longer-used, no-longer-stored image buttons from the Captivate image button list?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

So! Here is the solution. Lilybiri was basically right, in that it seems refreshing the preferences folder is the only way to do it. You can't do this from within Captivate though. You need close Captivate and then go to (for Windows 7) C:/Users/[your user account]/AppData/Local/Adobe/. Rename the Captivate 7.0 folder to "Captivate 7.0 Old". Re-open Captivate, and a new folder will be made in that Adobe folder in your C:/ drive to replace the one you named (which you can now delete). You have su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 7 there is now a button to clear. In previous versions, only way I knew was to refresh the Preferences folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mention some tips about this at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate/create-custom-image-buttons

You should always debug the design of your buttons on throw-away projects BEFORE adding them into your main projects.

If you've already removed all unused buttons, then try Lieve's extra suggestion of refreshing the Preferences folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned that now Rod. Refreshing preferences does not seem to work. And there are no buttons currently being used in the project, yet the button for Clearning all unused buttons remains unusable. Trying to avoid remaking the project... (I need to have this as clean as possible since it is to opperate as a master template project file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, FYI, I've discovered the buttons shown are not based on the Project. I've started trying to put together a new project in case that is what has to happen...and the same listing of buttons are there, including all of the ones that are currently deleted in my gallery folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So! Here is the solution. Lilybiri was basically right, in that it seems refreshing the preferences folder is the only way to do it. You can't do this from within Captivate though. You need close Captivate and then go to (for Windows 7) C:/Users/[your user account]/AppData/Local/Adobe/. Rename the Captivate 7.0 folder to "Captivate 7.0 Old". Re-open Captivate, and a new folder will be made in that Adobe folder in your C:/ drive to replace the one you named (which you can now delete). You have successfully reset your preferences folder

In the event you can't see the "AppData" folder, it's sometimes hidden. So just click on "Organize" at the top left of the Windows Explorer, select Folder and Search Options, go to the View Tab and select the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" radial. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources