• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I clear ruling on a table

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 11 and have a Acronym list in table format. The heading row should have a thin line on the outside and inside cells. My line between cells doesn't show. My repeat heading rows done have the bottom line (they do have the top and side lines. When I try to correct with the Table Designer or Custom rulling, it doesn't take the change.

Some of my rows in the middle of a page have top and buttom lines which I am tryingn to clear. The custom ruling and shading changes don't make the change. How do I fix these issues? Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A usual suspect is that what appear to be heading or footing rows are actually body rows, or vice versa.

Often the easiest way to fix the problem is to create a new empty table of the named tag, verify the default formatting, then copy the contents of the old table into the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea. Is there a way to check if FM believes the row is a header or footer? My table is 12 pages long, so it seemed easier to insert some rows and move the contents to the unlined rows and delete the lined rows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visually, sort of … you can't click in a header or footer row when it's been automatically repeated, if you do click on one there's no paragraph in the status bar, and when you can click in a header/footer Add rows or columns is greyed out in the Table menu.

Mind you, this counts as anecdotal: it's what I've just noticed now, on a quick test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to also remove ruling from one of ten tables. When I tried to remove the ruling using the table designer ruling tab and apply the changes, nothing happened. Then I created a new table and tried to copy row by row, but it brought the row borders. Is there an easier way to remove row and column borders? Why would my table not take the ruling changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like the ruling was applied as an override using the Table > Custom Ruling & Shading options. Try using this option to reset the rulings back to "From Table".

Table_ruling_reset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines