• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud wants to make changes

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an annoying popup that tells me "Creative Cloud wants to make changes" and asks for my CC password. But when I enter the password it won't accept it. But if I press CANCEL, the popup returns in five seconds. I know the password is correct because I can log into CC and also my adobe account.

I thought maybe it was a virus, but if so, it has infected both my work and home Macs. The only way to rid myself of this popup (which sits on top of everything) is to quit creative cloud. I have asked Adobe for help but they've shrugged their shoulders.

Anyone else had this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Hi Gary,

This screen is asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes. It's Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not.

Please enter your Mac password to complete the changes.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ElectricArtist,

Could you please provide us the screenshot of the pop up so we try to find why it is prompting.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhijit,

Screenshot attached.

One thing to note, in the NAME field, my work computer name is Gary Crilley and this is what shows. My home computer name is GaryC and that's what has come up. Obviously my Adobe login in my email address, but changing the name as well as entering the password makes no difference. It just shakes and remains in place. Until I quit CC.

cheers

Gary Crilley

gary.crilley@gmail.com

022 641 9458

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Gary,

I am sorry but your attachment is not visible. Please insert the image again.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will insert it in the body of the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use e-mail.  Log in to the web forum and use the Camera Icon to insert an image into your reply.  That's the only way it will come through.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 9.36.51 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

This screen is asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes. It's Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not.

Please enter your Mac password to complete the changes.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks. I didn't even think of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I also get this message, and repeatedly so over the last week. While I have entered my system password a couple of times, I'm concerned as:

-it keeps popping up I would say almost daily

-there is no feedback as to what changes are being made

-there are no application updates due (all apps in my desktop app/cc control panel are ticked green as in they require no update)

I have therefore the last two days optioned for cancel.

Could you give some update as to what changes cc are implementing and as to why it's almost a daily occurence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It's never done this before and now it pops up everytime I log on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mike,

Mine has now gone quiet or back to normal so to say with occacional update requests occurring where I'm notified of what is taking place. I'm still not quite sure what did go on, but at some stage I had to reset my Adobe password. (Note that that is the Adobe and not the OSX operative system password). Since then it seems to run ok. I get all the notifications as to what changes / updates are taking place and it's no longer a daily occurance.

Still leaves me a bit uneasy though given last year's password /accounts issues.

I did chat with customer support, but no real explaination as to what this could have been. They seemed happy with the reset password scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Torunn. I appreciate the info. I'll see if it keeps up and try the password reset.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, was having the exact same issue just today and took your advice of changing the Adobe password. I'm also a little wary of Adobe's hiccups since the security breach months ago. The dialog no longer appears but what I did notice was that I had to agree to the license and terms again. I'm wondering if that was the case; renewing the license agreement so you wouldn't have to go through all that? If so, it would have been nice to have some indication from Adobe.

UPDATE:

Apparently, the changing of the password was of no use. Yesterday and today, when restarting my machine, the dialog came back. The only workaround thus far is to Quit CC and then restart.

To Adobe:

With the past security breach we experienced with your company, CC users are not too trusting to give CC access to our computers automatically when there is no reason given nor can one be found. Especially, after reading above, when other users have contacted Adobe help and even THEY don't know why.

Give us a clear, concise yet succinct REASON to what this is doing and why, and we will be a little more responsive than the usual privacy paranoia. Just telling us, "This screen is asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes. It's Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not." is insufficient. It's not smart computing to give permission for changes when the very application itself nor the "staff" won't tell us what changes or why it's making those changes.

updated by: dSparks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why is an admin password required by your applications at all?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!
And why does not the popup provide any information about the usage? 
Why don't you care about the security concerns of your users at all?
Your apps should only have access to some folders to save the files to and access. There can be no functionality by the Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop ets apps that should require an admin password! 
One more reason for me to cancel the subscription. There are a tons of alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my two cents, I work in  fast paced production enviorment and having to deal with this annoying piece of nag ware for the last two days is pushing the limits, I gave in and let it do what ever it think that needs to to stop bugging me, there is no way to tell what it is doing or when it has stoped but whatever it was up to it slowwed my computer toi a crwal just before everything came crashing down- I have a word for adobe -GET THIS OUT OF HERE-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Have changed my Adobe password and turned off Creative Cloud, but it keeps popping up. Not interested in crashing my computer. Can someone at Adobe please address this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Abhijit: If it is a “Mac mechanism,” then why does it display the CC logo in the box?

To dSparks: Changing your Adobe password will have no effect because it is asking for your computer password, not your Adobe password. You are right to be worried considering the recent security breach.

To donatelo: “whatever it was up to it slowed my computer to a crawl” — I too work in a fast-paced production environment, and I cannot afford to have my computer slowed down to a crawl. Thank you very much for the warning.

My response: I have quit out of the CC app and will not launch it again until I hear that this has been dealt with or a reasonable explanation is provided for this password request. I cannot recall any other company ever asking for my computer administrator password except Apple. If the dialog box didn’t have the CC logo on the Alert icon, I would have assumed it was my OS trying to protect me, but seeing that in the dialog box freaked me out! No way! Particularly after the breach of security we recently experienced…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bytehoven,

I understand your concern regarding the security breach happened sometime back but this issue is totally different.

Yes, you are right this Prompt if of Adobe but this prompt is popping up to Authenticate yourself so you can allow the Adobe applications to make the necessary changes in it.

This option may come on Windows too if the user is not an Admin. On Mac this may come by default if any applications needs Admin right to launch the application or make any necessary changes.

Also you mentioned that after this recent change you Machine is responding very slow. Could you please launch Activity Monitor and check which process is utilising the most of your Memory and Processor and close those which are not necessary after checking what excatly they are for.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous, I am not wasting my time trying to enter a legitimate argument, this is a faulty piece of nagware. I want adobe to remove it from my computer before I send you a bill I am MAD AS HELLL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dialog box is appearing out of the blue (after a restart), and it doesn’t give any information. Nothing in the Creative Cloud app indicates that there are updates waiting.

Why are you not answering the question why the box carries no information about what changes will be made? Is it because you don’t know whether this dialog box is legitimate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rootside,

There are lots of changes happened in the way CC desktop apps works. Our Engineers are making it more stable by providing bug fixes so the users don't face any issues. The prompt is asking you to complete the changes it has made in the application. If you decline then it will revert the changes and will again ask whenever you launches the app.

I hope it answers your query.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it’s asking me after every restart. I did enter my password in good faith, and after another restart, it’s asking me again.

I’m getting very concerned now – there is no indication about changes made in CC app’s Home tab, it doesn’t say anything about bug fixes or stability issues.

Do you know what’s going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rootside,

Please try creating a new Admin account and check whether it is doing the same thing.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did something else: I deleted all cache files in my Library folder – that appears to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines