• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What files are in the Program Files (X86) folder for Flash Player for Windows 8.1?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a message from a Hitman Pro indicating the files sqlite3.dll and winclient32.exe in the Flash Player folder are suspicious. What file should be in that folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files are in the Program Files (X86) folder for Flash Player for Windows 8.1?

1.jpg

That's it.

Flash Player installs to C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash and C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash.

And there is no sqlite3.dll or winclient32.exe in either of those folders.

32.jpg

64.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not completely correct, the file folder I see is caled Flash Update. It is not under the Adobe folder, it is in the main directory for Program Files (x86). I am suspicious since I got the updaterspro.exe virus last week and am still trying to clean up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no such folder.

3.jpg
You probably downloaded a fake, and have malware now.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Those are the ONLY legitimate updaters that aren't accessed from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

They are the FULL installers we link to here to avoid bundled software (Google Chrome or McAffee Security Scan).

Bookmark those links.

Once you get things cleaned up, use them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the image, I will look at the rest of the folders, too. This trip has been a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines