• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuously prompted it install flash?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I continue to get prompted to install flash.

Windows 7, 64 bit

IE 11

Flash 12.0.0.77

I usually get a banner/error that says I need to install flash or get the most current version. I thought this was probably Malware, but Malware Bytes, Hitman pro, etc. say the system is clean. It also pops up at different times and not always the same site, and not everytime I visit the same site. For instance, I launch IE, homepage is google.com. I may or may not get the warning message. Same with Facebook.

What should I check?

I've also been noticing this on my iPad, really goofy since I thought Safari did not support Flash?

thanks,

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see this?

Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I figured as much. What I'm wondering is why I continue to get prompted. I thought maybe a compromised site, but unless this is a zero day exploit, I wouldn't think I would get this from so any different sites.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your router has been hacked.

THAT'S why you see this on the iPad too.

http://hackersnewsbulletin.com/2014/03/hackers-hacked-300000-wireless-routers-check-now.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AWESOME! The thought had crossed my mind but couldn't find much about it. And thought, naw, that probably didn't happen. I have 2 to look at. My provider's (att) then I have a Cisco E3000 behind that. I'll start on the outside and work back in. Interestingly, when I do a tracert or ping, DNS resolves the same name to IP as a device off the network (cell modem). Tracert resolves and hits the hops I would suspect.

This should be fun!

Thanks for the quick response.

Todd

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines