• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Presenter see that I have a USB microphone attached?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samson microphone connected to my machine via USB but Presenter doesn't see it (can't select it in the Settings window). Captivate can see the microphone just fine. What am I missing?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may try to unplug and replug the microphone.

Also please check the document linked below for more information.

http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/record-video-presentations.html

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried unplugging and re-plugging. I tried all of the USB ports on my machine. It's definitely not that.

I'm not using one of the recommended mics on the page you linked to, but that's a pretty short list. It's frustrating that this mic works perfectly fine with Captivate but not with Presenter so I can't have consistent sound when I use both apps together. Not sure if getting a new mic ($$$!) will even help, or if it's my machine (Lenovo Y510P), or OS (Win8), or if there's a magical hidden check box I'm not clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked here? Is your Line in option selected?

Presenter Audio Source.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to that screen? My settings screen doesn't look anything like that. I'm using Presenter version 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Presenter 8 . Go to Presenter Tab > Tools Section > Settings > Applications > Audio Source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any tabs in my UI. Just this:

Presenter8.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you are using the Adobe Presenter Video Creator.

Select the gear looking button at the top left of the window, and you will be able to select your audio and video inputs.

APVC Preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm back to where I started. My mic doesn't show up in this list, only the mic built into the laptop ("Realtek High Definition Audio"). I tried every USB port on the machine, restarting the machine with the mic plugged in, everything I can think of.

Also, when I select the laptop mic, the Settings button is enabled, but when I click it, nothing happens.

Presenter-Options.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is probably best addressed by Adobe Support. If the mic works with Captivate and other products, I'm not sure what would be preventing APVC from seeing it. They do have some staff that monitor this forum, and they may reach out, but you can always call 800-945-9120.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources