Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to rename an instance

Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have few instances running in ColdFusion 9.0.1 environment that we need to rename. I tried some google searches and found nothing that would help me do that. I can rename an instance in JMC Admin tool, but when I do that, the Windows service for that instance will not start (I suspect it's because the two names no longer match). What step am I missing? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

BKBK,

Yes, the name failed to update the windows service configuration - ColdFusion instance would no longer start. But I figured out the missing link. After renaming the instance in JRun Management Console, I had to additionally go to the registry and change the scheduled task to reflect the JrunServer Registry String to have the new name of the instance. It's done under the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Adobe ColdFusion 9 AS [instance name] registry key. The app

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to follow up to see if anyone can point me to some documentation on this. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying that the name-change fails to apply to different points of access the instance. That suggests it may be impossible to change the instance-name globally.

What about the following alternative. Create a new instance with the desired name. Configure its settings to those of the old instance. Copy the code from the old instance to the new, refactoring it for the name-change.

Test the new instance. When you are satisfied, archive the old instance, then delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK,

Yes, the name failed to update the windows service configuration - ColdFusion instance would no longer start. But I figured out the missing link. After renaming the instance in JRun Management Console, I had to additionally go to the registry and change the scheduled task to reflect the JrunServer Registry String to have the new name of the instance. It's done under the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Adobe ColdFusion 9 AS [instance name] registry key. The approach you suggested of creating new instance, using .car file to transfer settings and then deleting the old instance works too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are renaming an instance (which usually we don't suggest), then you will have to delete the old service & create a new service as per the naming conventions.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bawcior,

What you have found will surely help someone else in future. Please kindly mark your response as 'correct'. That will increase its chances of being discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers, Bawcior!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation