• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free and For-sale Scripts

Advocate ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though I don't write scripts myself, I was happy when Adobe announced that ExtendScript capability would be added to FrameMaker. I thought that users would write scripts to enhance FrameMaker's capability and share them with the community-- either as free or for-sale scripts. I'm surprised that I have not seen that happen.

Perhaps some of you have developed scripts that you would be willing to give away or sell. If so, perhaps you could start listing them in this message thread.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I have written a bunch of these since ExtendScript was added to FrameMaker. I have also written ExtendScript scripts for InDesign. I have found that most of the requests I get are somewhat unique for each workflow, so these end up being custom scripts anyway. Adobe has written some free ones and put them on their Tech Comm blog, but their quality is not always the best. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to see that too.

Closest thing I could find is the general FM Add-On/Tool list at leximation:

http://leximation.com/toolsearch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd ressurect this thread, as I'm looking for a script that will automate this workflow:

1. open a FrameMaker 10 book file (MS Windows 7)

2. save it as a PDF to a \PDFs folder

3. close it (without changing/saving the contents)

4. Repeat the above about 40 times with other book files

I've not done any scripting for years, but I'm happy to edit a script to insert the path to the source FM files, and target PDF folder , etc.

I am trying to avoid having to spend a lot of time learning scripting to control FM10.

Does anyone know if a script that does this is available off the shelf?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, I don't have anything ready-made, but I could write something for you. Contact me offlist and I will give you a quote: rick at frameexpert dot com. Thank you very much. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick, will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines