Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Webhelp - TOC doesn't display

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Sorry for double-posting, I think I posted in the wrong forum so am reposting here:

I have generated a merged webhelp project as per the instructions at:

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2013/02/28/adobe-robohelp-creating-merg ed-webhelp

The output help file is quite large. I can run it without issues on my PC. However, when I copy it to a server, it does load, the TOC pane appears empty until I click around a few times in the help. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think I may have found some information pertaining to this issue, but I'm not sure how to implement it. I'm hoping someone can help.

On Peter Grainge's page:

http://grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_method_rh9.htm

below the Section titled: Add the redirect

There are some steps for setting the  TOC to both display and synchronize.

I'm not sure where I need to make those changes (in which file).

If someone can provide some guidance on those particular steps, it may solve my problem (hoping!).

I don't have a redirect in my project, since the topic displayed by default is in the main helpset (not one of the merged helpsets), but I'm hoping some changes to force display may help here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised there have been no responses. No one has this problem with merged Webhelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response from me as I have been out of action.

See Items 6 and 16 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#webhelp

Is it the same with any browser or is this a Firefox issue?

The redirect I advocate is simply to get all the projects at child level to simplify creating cross project links. Whether or not you use it will not cause this problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I will check with design to see if the error can be attributed to item #6.

also, the TOC does eventually load, but it takes 45 seconds more than loading the content in the right pane.

Thanks again for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does load eventually, it will not be either item. In the SSL you can optimise for web or local. Try changing that in all the projects.

You said earlier the output is large. Define large.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I will ensure all the projects are set to Optimize for website.

The project is 196 MB - it includes about 40 PDFs as baggage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes Local works better even for a website.

How many topics in the TOC and how many levels?

Are you sure everthing local got copied up to the server?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp