• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is required of end user to access presenter presentation

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious what is required from the end user (students) for accessing the presenter presentation? Do they each need an adobe ID? As that is unlikely for my organization. Do I as the author have to manually enter in student information? Just some more information on the LMS capabilities would be great.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The access to the presentation would depend on where you deploy the presentation(s) and how that server or LMS controls access to the content.

For the bare bones requirements to view a Presenter presentation: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/tech-specs.html

Viewing

• Internet Explorer 8 or later
  • Firefox 3.x or later
  • Safari 4 or later
  • Adobe Reader 9 or later for viewing the PDF created using Adobe Presenter 9.

Additional Requirements

• Flash Player 9 or later for Windows and Mac.
  • Flash Player 9 or later for Linux & Solaris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma,

I am still wondering about the student information and how that gets into the presentation in order to trend or utilize the analylitics. Many of the tutorials reference the students such as "Sally", "Bob", and "Joe" for example, but no explanation on how their unique student info gets there. Is that something that I do as the author?

As I mentioned, people are resistant to another password user name to remember so there would be nearly zero chance of each person signing up for adobe connect or acrobat in order to access the material there.

Regards

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Collaboration function?

There is a good description of it here:

Collaboration: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/inserting-collaboration.html

Learning Dashboard: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/learning-anlaytics-dashboard.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

No not the collaboration feature. I am simply looking for what is requried by the student in order to particpate in some on line training.

1) Do they need an adobe ID if I use acrobat or connect to host the presentation?

2) Who or how is the student information entered in order to use the analytics ( does the student fill out a electronic form? or do I as the adminstrator enter the details manual?)

While you have given me some good information, it does not answer my two points above.

Regards

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll refer back to my first response, it depends on the server you deploy the presentation with. Presenter won't require any authentication or login to access its presentations.

1. If you host with Acrobat, then they will need to have an Adobe ID, as that is what is used to authenticate users there. Connect will require authentication against its own user database, or if the object is public content, no user authentication is required, but no individual data will be recorded, as there is no method of tracking who looked at the presentation.

2. Again, it depends on the system. If you use a registration system, then usually the students will enter the information, if you don't, then you will have to create the user accounts. Connect does have the Events Module which allows individuals to self register, or you can use the API functionality to pass the user account information after they have registered within your own system.

Without knowing the specifics of what you are trying to achieve, it is hard to give you useful answers. There are many LMS's that can be used to deploy Presenter presentations, and they will all do it a little differently depending on their configuration and SCORM or AICC settings. There is, unfortunately, no magic bullet that will allow us to say that all you need to do is X and have your learners do Y to allow for deployment and tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am adding my response in case this helps you, because I was confused by this as well at first.  If you enable collaboration so that you can track results in the Learning Dashboard, this login box comes up at the beginning of your course when it's played from an internet location. (not when viewed locally.)  In my case we do not use an LMS but post the courses to an internal server that can be accessed from a URL behind our firewall.  All that is required of my students is a unique email address and their name.  No password.

loginscreen.jpg

I hope this helps!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will also add - since you asked about the "LMS capabilities" of Presenter that the Learning Dashboard is very limited.  You can see what the user scores on a quiz and assign and measure a collaboration score, but there's not a lot of analysis you can do beyond that.  I have been disappointed by it.  Reporting is non-existent.  The "send results via email" button sends you a screen shot of the results screen.  Nothing you can even manipulate further in Excel.  Just my 2 cents.  It has potential. But I'm not sure that Adobe is even interested in addressing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources