Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE help asap- can't install flash player on Mac :(

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy all-

I had no problems with adobe flash player on my late 2013 rMBP OS 10.9.2 until I attempted to update the adobe flash player yesterday from 12.0.0.70 to 12.0.0.77. (I bought the computer dec 2013 with mavericks pre-installed)

This is the error message that popped up mid-installation at 50% after trying to update to the newest version. Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 4.00.21 PM.png

So, I uninstalled adobe flash player, and I tried installing again with no such luck. Same error message.

I uninstalled once more, and I tried installing the old version 12.0.0.70. The following error message showed up:

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 3.58.03 PM.png

I'm stuck. I've spent the last few hours trying to fix this. I truly need assistance. Applecare couldn't help me either. FYI, according to the adobe webpage, I don't have any adobe flash player currently installed on my mac.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

GIve it a "clean install":  How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

If that won't do, then try a COCOA install.

Using the FULL installer, double click it to "mount" the DMG, but DON'T run the installer.

7.jpg

Instead, right click it and Show Package Contents".

14.jpg

In Contents/Resources, double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg

15.jpg

Follow the steps to install it from there.

16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike! The first option did not work.

I tried the COCOA install. I opened the Adobe Flash Player.pkg and for some reason I got stuck on destination select. Here is a screen shot...

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 10.59.08 AM.png

Here is my OS info:

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 11.02.16 AM.png

I don't know why it is not recognizing my macHD as meeting the minimum system requirements (it does).

I hope there is another work around.

Best regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

What's it do under another user account (Admin)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have my admin account (that i use 100% of the time) and a guest account which has limited abilities in modifying/viewing the harddrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found a solution to my problem, but I don't know if it is the right fix... this is what I ended up doing:

I looked at some apple support forums. Found this link (which I had already tried using the offline archived folders for the last few versions).

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.13.38 PM.png

I tried mounting and installing this flash version (which is the same as the 12.0.0.77 available on adobe's website). Still gave me the general installation failure message.

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.14.15 PM.png

Then I saw there is a similar folder called 12_0_r0_77_debug. So I mounted the highlight dmg file below, and the installation was successful. Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.14.40 PM.png

Is it ok/safe for me to use this version of flash? Should i have installed the dmg file one over to the right of the one I selected?

Are the plug-in options secure or should I adjust the settings (see pics below)?

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.17.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.15.45 PM.png

Sorry for all the questions... I have a curious mind.

Thanks again Mike! Your help is immensely appreciated!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12_0_r0_77_mac_debug = The debugger version of the plug-in.

12_0_r0_77_mac_sa_debug = The debugger of the "standalone" Player (Projector)

The debugger can be quirky, when it runs into bad code in a webpage. You'll get popups about actionscript and other anomalies in poorly authored Flash containers.

Security for the debugger varies a little because of the debugger's need to gleen and report information, but it shouldn't pose any problems, especially on a Mac.

You may want to look into installing the Beta (Flash 13) instead: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

It's what I run on my Mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After consulting apple care (for the 2nd time), we were able to resolve the issue without going to adobe tech support as a last resort. I used the uninstaller to be sure all adobe components were removed from my mac. Then, we reinstalled the OS (without erasing). Don't know why the installer was hanging on me, but the fresh reinstall did the trick and solved the problem.

I appreciate your insight again! Take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines