• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player Active x 13.0.0.182 scup date is not signed correctly. Will not publish to WSUS.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone get the 13.0.0.182 flash activex from the scup catalog to publish to WSUS correctly.  I am currently getting an error saying it is not from a trusted source.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Here is the output from trying to publish:

PublishItem: --- Digest verification failed on content for software update 'Adobe Flash Player 32-bit/64-bit ActiveX 13.0.0.182 (UpdateId:'26806ab7-30c7-4bb3-a07d-3a95ed86530d' Vendor:'Adobe Systems, Inc.' Product:'Adobe Flash Player')'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like every month Adobe find a way to break these things.

On the positive side, looks like when it's fixed this will be the first Adobe Flash Player ActiveX in a long time not to try to install itself on Windows 8 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, they messed that up in this one too. THe rule needs to be windows version 6.2, not 8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you make this change? Under Installable Rules in SCUP 2011 they have "Windows Version >= Custom Version" and then Windows Version < Custom Version

How do I change this to to exclude Windows 8+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the "Windows Version < Custom Version" rule from Major Version 8 to Major Version 6 Minor Version 2. That should take care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks man!  Hopefully Adobe can finally resolve this in the next release...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A new SCUP catalog has been posted with the correct major/minor version.  We apologize for this oversight.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the new revision has broken the installation for Windows 7 SP1 machines. WSUS detects that the client needs the update but the client does not detect that IT needs the update and does not download it from the WSUS server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this problem.  I'm receiving the same digest vertification failed on the active-x download.  The plug-in download works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I can confirm this is happening for me as well.  I think it is likely Adobe will fix the issue when they see this forum post - but you could try following these steps.  I started down that path but I noticed doing so seemed to change the installable and installed rules, and I would rather not mess with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  We've confirmed this problem and will be fixing it shortly.  We apologize for the repeated issues with this file, we'll get this sorted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any update on this? This is happening to me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I did the import again and it looks like Adobe updated the catalog. I was able to publish the update and am testing it tonight against our collection for patch testing. So far though it looks like the latest update is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new update was for Adobe Plugin not the ActiveX component which is still not working. Awaiting for fix please!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again - you know what you are right, it was the plugin.  I never noticed until you pointed that out.  But still I was able to publish them both after that update.  I deleted it, and re-imported then both I was able to publish them.  I saw a prompt to replace or overwrite something as well when this happened.  Maybe give that a try and see what happens.(delete them, then re-import)

Chris with Adobe in this thread said they would address it, so even if it isn't working now I am sure they will update it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the update and reimporting seems to have fixed it, except that as usual, it wants to install on my Win8 and 8.1 machines. To fix that requires editing an install rule and republishing. The one that says OS < 8.0 should actually be 6.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you guys, deleting them an re-importing did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When installing Flash player Active x 13.0.0.182 to PC, the pop-up which requires the installation of add-on appeared in the pages using Flash. Some faced this issue and the others did not face.

The PC faced this issue was updated to Flash player Active x 13.0.0.182 but has been displayed as “not required” on SCCM reports.

Is there anyone face this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines