Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the Navigation Pane Mini tool bar

Jun 05, 2007 Jun 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Robo Wizard's skinny on skins (which has been a GREAT HELP) to see if there is some magical way of making this little critter disappear. The only suggestion there is to set the bar size to 1 so it is still there but can't be seen.

The problem is I have to work to very tight accessibility rules and have Jack boot wearing autocrats enforcing them. I have managed with the remnants of a smile to comply some how with all the requirements, from related topics buttons that are text and not buttons, relative text sizes everywhere including the related topics pop up to banishing tables and images.

If I just hide the tool bar I'm going to have continued criticism over the use of frames, which I will have difficulty defending if I have item there that aren't used or seen.

So to finally get to the point, does anyone know how to remove the mini tool bar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello NianNorth,

Check the solution in this thread .

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately that's just a variation on the making the bar invisible but it still existing route. What I need is a way to remove the tool bar all together. What I don't want is the minibar to still exist and screen reader software still listing it when it performs no function in our help.

I have looked to see which files define the minibar and it appears to be mainly in the whmsg java script file but it does not look like alterations to just this file will remove the bar from the help output entirely.

Can the minibar be removed or am I stuck with more redundant code, frames etc cluttering up the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp