• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the ldb file?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used RoboHelp to create a web site. When I update files, I just copy over new files via ftp to the site. All of a sudden, though, I've started getting errors during the ftp transfer that tell me the ldb file can't be transferred.

Does anyone know what that file is, where it originates, and why I might have all of a sudden started experiencing problems transferring it?

(My web site has been up for awhile so this hadn't been a problem until just a couple days ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi themill2 and welcome to the RH forums. This file is an MS Access file that has probably been left rather than being deleted when it was no longer required. You may well find these files left in various project folders. In any case you don't need to copy these to your website.

Just a question though, if you are generating webhelp (?) why are you FTPing. You can use RH's own inbuilt publishing wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Access stores a lot of project information the CPD file. That is a Microsoft Access database with a different extension. When an Access database is opened a temporary file is created with the extension LDB.

It cannot and should not be part of the output and that is what concerns me. You should only be transferring to the server those files in the output. It sounds like you might be trying to transfer the source files which should only exist locally.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

For anyone wanting a pretty detailed explanation of the .LDB file, click here to read a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp