• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing unwanted extras during updates

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am angry! Clicked to install the update for Adobe Flash Player my system said I should have and it also started installing google chrome and google toolbar at the same time. There were no boxes to uncheck their installation.  I managed to cancel the update when it was a little more than half way done.  What if I had been out of the room at the time???  Now I will have to go through my system to make sure those two items did not get partially installed.  HOW DO I INSTALL JUST Adobe Flash Player update?  Went to the adobe site but saw things like ActiveX control content debugger (for ie) & Plugin content debugger (for netscape) & Projector  ect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERY six weeks, there's a Flash Player update.

EVERY six weeks, someone asks this, as if it just started with this update.

Use the offline installers:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike M. While that does put a salve as it were on the issue it is a long shot from the solution (but thank you for that). I think what would make me and alot of people like me that are iritaited about unwanted installs with an update is a simple check box, as mentiond by april2449, that provides the option to not install such unwanted things in such a preditory mannor. Stuff like that is why i no longer use what was once my favorite antvirus software... AVG. If things like Google chrome were stuff i wanted on my computer. I would DL and install them myself. If the powers that be at adobe ever check these things. PLEASE add a simple check box to opt out of unwanted installs. it cant be that hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, as long as there is added unwanted software in the updates every six weeks people will complain about the unwanted add-ons. In my case it was McAfee virus scanner. I don't need this because I already have a very good security software. Adobe should just stop adding these unwanted things and the complaints will stop. It's especially annoying when you aren't even given the chance to uncheck unwanted software. A big software house like Adobe should not need to play such games with the users of their software. And as to the offline installers - not many know that. People normally install the updates when they're announced. And something else is annoying, too. Whenever you receive a new update you are required to change the setting if you don't want the update to be installed automatically. Each time a box comes where the option to automatically install updates is pre-checked. That's quite as unfair as bundling the updates with other software without giving the user a chance to refuse the other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update, once again the same trash, no choice to uncheck McAfee. Adobe doesn't ever learn anything it seems. Once again I had to uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Josef_D wrote:

Another update, once again the same trash, no choice to uncheck McAfee. Adobe doesn't ever learn anything it seems. Once again I had to uninstall it.

THAT'S why the offline installers are linked and listed, above.

I don't like bundled junk any more than you do.

I've led the horse to the water.

If it won't drink, that's not my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines