• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My windows 7 machine does not recognise .swf files. I have down loaded the flash player but I think.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows 7 machine does not recognise .swf files. I have down loaded the flash player but I think but it is linked as a plug in with chrome and IE.  How can I get my windows to recognise the .swf files to play them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Windows Flash Player 13 Projector

THAT'S for playing SWF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,  thanks for that.  I downloaded the player from the link, but when I ran the exe it just comes up with a blank screen and does not appear to have been installed?  Any ideas as to why?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloaded file is the projector, not an installer; you need to make the file association manually:

1. move the downloaded exe file to a location you can remember, e.g. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  2. right-click on a swf file and select Open with > Choose default program
  3. navigate to the folder you saved the player and select flashplayer_13_sa.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. check 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines