• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big Tab On Search Panel for Quizzes

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview or publish my PowerPoint 2010 presentation using Presenter 9.0.2 build 173, the tab for the Search pane enlarges, sticking way out to the right whenever a quiz slide occurs. Everything works fine, just sticks out. On other slides everything is normal, does not stick out. Is this a bug or a feature? I appreciate any thoughts you can offer.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Created course in PowerPoint 2010, Presenter 9, Windows 7.

Solved by clicking "Enable Quiz Pane" in Theme Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, my client doesn't like the way that the Quiz Pane changes the tabs on the right. Is there a way to not enable the quiz pane, but not have the problem with the graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my clients pointed out that you can change the tab labels in the pane through the Theme Editor, using Modify Text Labels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried changing the text in the Theme Editor, but did not find a way to have it affect the size of the tab itself. Do post here if you find that it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have either of you found a workaround to this problem? I am seeing this same issue and my client will not want the Outline pane to change to the Quiz pane either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

The problem comes from having a Presenter file authored in version 8.

If you open it in Presenter 9 and then open the Quiz Manager, it will make the Quiz Pane enlarge.

The answer I found was to do all editing in Presenter 8, then export it as a package.

Open the package in Presenter 9, DON'T OPEN THE QUIZ MANAGER, and immediately export it as a SCORM .zip file.

Bringing it into Presenter 9 will provide a player that won't freeze in a "buffering" loop.

Good luck.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, you may be onto something with the exporting to scorm. I'll give it a try, but I've never had version 8 on my machine and the files were authored completely in Presenter version 9. The only solution I found was through enabling the Quiz pane. Maybe it's a Presenter feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Well, this was what my experimenting found, and what ended up working for me. If you have another solution that works for you, all the better. With my files, enabling the quiz pane was what triggered the large tabs in Version 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies! I have had the same thing happen when I create a new test file in Presenter 9. (whether I select to show the Quiz pane or NOT in the theme) I just submitted a "bug report" to Adobe. I am hoping they address the issue soon. I will be sure to post any workarounds I may find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources