Error: Unable to Proceed with the Installation

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.9.2

iMac 27-inch, Late 2009

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_13au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih-2.dmg

Install Adobe Flash Player Version 3.3.9.0 (3.3.9.0)

Safari Version 7.0.3

Hi:

I keep getting the above error when attempting the installation. I used the uninstall program from Adobe, but when I try to reinstall the same error occurs.

I've also twice done the clean install that has worked the last two times I need to upgrade flash at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1267823 to no vail.

Any advice appreciated!

Thank you!

PS If anyone has any contacts with Adobe, it would be super if they could ask them to remedy this update problem once and for all. On this particular iMac every time I try to update I waste an hour or two doing clean installs (which have previously worked, but not this time), a less than productive use of time. Our department IT folks say that we must upgrade because of all of the security flaws in Flash, so we don't have the option of staying with the older tried and true working versions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

13 is not without its problems for most Mac users.

See: ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS - Flash Player 13 "Plugin Failure" Workaround  to revert back to 12, until they get things worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines