• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash player on Airbook OSX 10.5.8

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hours of trying--installation stalls, says to turn off Safari but it's already off, says it's installed and finalized but isn't, says it's encountered an error and to try again.  This is very frustrating.  I see from other questions on this topic that this is a common problem.  Is it me, or Adobe?  Or something else entirely?  Or a conspiracy against me by the wireless universe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.5.8... is this a PowerPC Mac or Intel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download this zip file if you haven't already:

Flash Player 10.3.183.90

Inside that should be a few folders. One is named "10_3_r183_90".

Inside that folder is a flashplayer_10_3r183_90_mac_intel.dmg

01.jpg

Double click that and it will mount on your desktop, and open a window with the installer.

1.jpg

Right click the installer and choose "Show Package Contents"

2.jpg

Go to: Contents/Resources and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file

3.jpg

The installer will open, ask for your Admin password, and it will install.

That's the install part.

Trouble is, a lot of websites won't work with Flash Player 10 anymore. -Bad news.

The good news is: because you have an Intel Mac, you can upgrade to OS 10.6 and you'll be able to run a LOT of stuff that 10.5 won't handle.

mac-osx-snow-leopard.jpg

Apple has it for $19.99, and they ship free. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike, thanks so much for your help.  Fortunately I was able to figure out what was wrong.  Flash Player was installed all along, but I had unclicked the "allow plug-ins" box.  Now why Adobe did not give me more information while I was struggling with this, I do not know.  It would have been helpful for them to let me know that Flash Player was installed.  My computer said it was, but the little Adobe "check to see if you have Flash Player" box kept coming up empty.  Therefore the confusion.  I appreciate your advice and will save it in case of problems later on.

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines