• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 13 Installer fails at 55%

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an i7 iMac, running OSX 10.9.2 and I can't get Flash player 13 to install.  It fails at 55% every time.  I've tried with nothing else running at all except finder.  I've downloaded it three times and still no love.  Adobe's "troubleshooting" site is nothing more than pictures of the install process, completely unhelpful in the event of a problem.  Anyone else have a similar issue?  I'm going to restart and see if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to stay away from 13 for a while anyway. Believe me.

ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS - Flash Player 13 "Plugin Failure" Workaround

Follow those steps to reinstall 12 if necessary, otherwise wait a week or two till they get the bugs worked out of the Mac plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your linked article:

"Flash Player now attempts to use CPU instructions that are not available on a subset of supported Mac hardware from 2006 to 2007. "

Since, as I stated above, I have a 2012 iMac, I'm not affected by this bug.  Also, I'm not having "plugin failure" as that implies the plugin installed successfully and then failed during operation. 

The problem I was having is that the installer program was failing the install process, giving no reason why, and Adobe's troubleshooting sites to which the installer links are abject garbage. 

For the record, after a restart the installer completed successfully.  I have a feeling that there was a memory issue somewhere or a process that was running which it didn't like.

Still no reason to have such uninformative installer information, and such completely unhelpful troubleshooting pages though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just another reason I don't use the GUI installer, and choose the offline installer. It's a few seconds longer to install than if the GUI installer works properly, but it ALWAYS works, where the GUI doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines