Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Flash Player to version 13.0.0.182

Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Flash Player to 13.0.0.182 has crahed it. The plug-in crashes every time so can't watch any video clips. Staggeringly annoying. Redownloaded and installed and still no joy. What's the fix for a non-techie like me? Wiat for Adobe to write a patch and send it to me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgrade on my mac, same thing, plug-in crashes in Firefox and Safari.  How do I go back a version from time machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX  10.6.8 and Safari version 5.1.10 (6534.59.10) and Firefox version 28. Upgraded to 13.0.0.182 and now flash player crashes every time.  Tried repeated uninstall and install, same problem.

Problem seems to be in the "upgrade".  Tried to install previous version of Flash player, but it is "blocked" due to security issues.  HELP!

I have installed Google Chrome with the flash player embedded and it does function!

Time for version 13.0.0183??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 13 and kept getting the plug-in failure icon; I went to the Flash Player achives (on this site) and downloaded the previous version (12.00.77) and reinstalled it (I'm running OS 10.9.2); it's working fine. It would appear there's a problem with Flash Player 13. Hopefully someone from Adobe wiill see this and get on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Richard.  Installing 12.00.77 also worked for me.  It was a bit of a challenge to find.  It is the the "flash player archives"

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#Flash%20Player%20archives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome; I hope Adobe gets on this before more people have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also shows how non-technical I am. I don't know how to reply in this forum without doing it by e-mail. Pathetic I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sure, search to find the Adobe Flash Install Manager (in Utilities folder on a mac).
  2. Double click to open it it and it will allow you uninstall.
  3. That’s all; but reboot before you reinstall the older version of Flash.

Good luck

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Richard. All seems to be working again. Your help much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure... perhaps we should send Adobe a bill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had the same problem after upgrading my Flash player. You guys helped me fix it so I can get back to work after an hour+ of frustration. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard - seems like you got it to work, but I need to uninstall 13.0.0.182 before I can reinstall 12.00.77. How do I do that? Do you know - are you able help?

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 06:00:57 -0700

To: trimwilson@hotmail.com

Subject: Updating Flash Player to version 13.0.0.182

Re: Updating Flash Player to version 13.0.0.182

created by Richard Geller in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

I installed 13 and kept getting the plug-in failure icon; I went to the Flash Player achieves and downloaded the previous version 12.00.77 and reinstalled it (I'm running OS 10.9.2); it's working fine. It would seem that there's a problem with Flash Player 13. Hopefully someone from Adobe wiill see this and get on it.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6285303#6285303

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines