• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I install Flash Player 13 on my MacBookPro?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 15" macbookpro running OSX 10.9.2. I am using Firefox (28.0) as browser. I used the uninstall program to remove previous versions. The download seems to go fine but as soon as it starts to install it stops (progress bar gets to 55%). I also tried using Safari with the same results.

I need help!!!!.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

That uses the offline installer. Much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. That got me back to where I was before Adobe poped-up and announced that I needed to upgrade to FP 13. That does not seem to be possible. Or is it?? And what should I do about Shockwave Director that I deleted in an effort to get back to FP12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help on Shockwave.

I'm still looking for an explaination on the problems with FP 13. Sounds like this one wasn't ready for distribution. Supposedly 12 has vulnerablility problems that 13 is supposed to fix. Can you help with that?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Looks like Chris Campbell has an answer. So somebody is working on it and it should be fixed soon......

Thanks for the help Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every release has some fixes in it for things that older versions are vulnerable to. Lesser of two evils would be tolerating the vulnerabilities for a few weeks until they get the rest of it worked out. Besides, most of the vulnerabilities are Windows related. Not a big deal for Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines