• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader freezes, won't close.

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe Reader freeze itself on my computer? 

I have to reboot to close the Reader page.  I can't access my bank statement.  The Adobe site did send my March PayPal statement.  Do I have to open the bank page for them to send me the file to save? 

Because of the freeze, I can't click to agree to the Reader Eula.  I can't close the Reader without losing whatever else what I had open.

I am running Vista Home Basic, which I went back to because I found Windows 7 so unweildy.  I used 7 for 18 months and absolutely hated it.  When I downloaded the Reader the server gave me the link for Reader X, not the latest version.  I had the old Reader on this computer, but I got a notification to upgrade.  I uninstalled the previous Reader, and later uninstalled Reader X with Revo Uninstaller because it also removes all the leftover registry crumbs which can cause conflicts if left in the registry, and then reinstalled from a fresh download.

I'm not having trouble with any other application except Internet Explorer 9, which was put in by Advanced Technology Services.  I use a Vista-compatible version of Firefox.

I find it very frustrating that I can't connect with an actual Adobe person.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?