Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player cannot register

Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I got a message stating that Flash Player needed to update.  The installation failed with a "Flash player cannot register" error.  In spite of all attempts I have not been able to successfully load this.  I am using WindowsXP.  I can't access some of my favorite web sites until this gets installed.  Does anybody have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair IE:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Do a "clean install" of Flash Player:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike.

I actually found a different solution.  First, I loaded Mozilla and when the web sites prompted for the flash player (different from the one used by explorer) it installed!

Then, just out of morbid curosity I opened explorer and when the web sites wanted to install the flash player it worked.

I don't know why and at this point I really don't care.

Thanks for the  help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines