• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player - general installation error - help!

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to run anything which requires flash player for over a year. Any attempt to install/reinstall flash player results in a general installation error at around 55% of installation. In addition, google chrome which is offered alongside flash player is now telling me that IE is not my default browser. This is wrong! IE IS my default browser. I've tried uninstalling the old flash player, only to get a message telling me that the settings manager is open - when it is NOT open. I've tried someone else's instructions to delete anything referring to flash player, in the windows/system 32/macromed/flash folder, and then reinstall flash player - this doesn't work either. My OS is Windows 7 64 bit. Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike - I've already tried this. When I run the uninstaller, I get a message telling me that the flash player settings manager is open, and that I need to close it and try again. Yet the only thing that's open is the uninstaller!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the task manager

tm.jpg

and look for your ControlPanel or FlashPlayer(32bit)

End the process if you find it.

cp.jpg

Worst case... download the ActiveX offline installer: Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Reboot and then run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines