• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why should I have to undergo a 13 step process to fix Adobe's problem with Flash Player?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Mark M. from the Forum for the 13 step "fix" process,  but I am not understanding why it is my job to fix Adobe's screw up.

I do not know why I should have to download and save 6 things; run 2 uninstallers; go to the Registry Editor and make some changes; install new installers; and then run the 3 new installers.

Why can't Adobe simply fix its software probelms instead of making the user fix it with a "work around".

Adobe should simply go back and un-update whatever it was they screwed up when they updated Flashplayer to (ver 12.)  that is causing flashplayer to crash on a daily basis. I now have (ver 13.something) and it is doing the samething.

Also, I would like to know why this problem happens. What is the value of updating software when you are not aware of the probelems you will cause by doing it?

still broken,

poorflash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With five builds of Windows (XP, Vixta, 7, 8, & 8.1) and two bit rates, as well as more than five different browsers for Windows that are commonly used (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, SeaMonkey, MaxThon, WaterFox to name a few), requiring three different plug-ins,  a simple "auto fix" to encompass all the possibilities available, would be about five times the size of the plug-in installer. When you figure in that people are using IE8, 9, 10, & 11, Firefox versions between 4 and 28, Chrome between 21 and 33, and Opera versions from 6 to 21, it gets even more complicated.

Sometimes it's like when you need to change a tire.

You have to pull over off the road.

Shut the car off.

Get out.

Open the trunk.

Take out the jack.

Take out the spare.

Jack up the car.

Remove the hubcap if you have one.

Remove the lugnuts.

Remove the tire.

Place the new tire on.

Hold it in place whil you put the lugnuts on.

Tighten the lugnuts snugly.

Lower the jack and torque the lugnuts.

Lower the jack completely.

Put the hubcap back on if you have one.

Put the flat tire in the trunk.

Put the jack away.

Close the trunk.

Get back in the car.

That's a lot of steps but they're necessary to do it right. It'd be great if cars had a "flat fixer" that simpy repaired and refilled the tire while you drive, but that wouldn't help if you have a blowout and there's nothing to repair. You'd still have to replace it yourself.

What you described in your first thread was the Flash equivalent of a blowout. The whole thing needed to be removed and replaced. Can you continue driving on the rim after a blowout? Sure, but it's better to replace the tire when it happens. Same with Flash. You can keep using it while it crashes all day every day, but it's better not to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines