Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF embedded files blank until click on them. Presenter 9

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently upgraded from Presenter 7 to Presenter 9.  Using Powerpoint 2013 on a Win 8.1 machine. 

I'm updating existing files that contain some short demos created in Captivate and saved in .swf fromat.  These files worked fine when I was on Adobe 7.  I have now made some changes to the presentation, but have not changed the demos at all.  Nothing was changed on those slides or in the demos, I've just made some other other changes to the presentation and am trying to republish the updated version.

The problem is, when I play back the presentation, the demos start out completely blank- white screen.  I see the 'adobe captivate, buffering' bar and then the audio starts but not the video.

before load.png

I discovered that when I click anywhere on the playback bar, the video then appears, and I can go back to the beginning of the demo and it plays properly.

after click.png 

Also, I believe once I've done that once, when I go back to that same slide it will then play with the video properly starting at the beginning.

Can someone give me some insight as to what is different in Presenter 9 that is making the SWF files behave in this way and what to do about it??

thank you!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two clarifying questions:

1. What version of Captivate was used?

2. What version of Presenter 7 were you using (there is 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.5, 7.0.6, and 7.0.7)?

Captivate 4 and older would output to AS2, and Presenter 7.0.6 and older also output to AS2. Presenter 7.0.7 and newer outputs to AS3, so you would need to republish the SWF file from Captivate, using a newer version of Captivate (though I recall that Captivate 4 had the option to output to AS3), to be compatible with Presenter 9.

AS = Action Script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on the captivate version, I think 3.  it was presenter 7.0.6 so it sounds like updating the files is needed. 

This may be a dumb question but will new versions of captivate open the old files to convert them?

and, so far can't find the original .cp files, the demos were created in 2010 a couple of laptops ago!  is there another way to convert the existing .swf files into something that will play in presenter 9??

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can locate the cp files, then Captivate should be able to update the files to the newer version of Captivate.

As far as the SWFs, there is not a way that I know of to update them to AS3. Dealing with compiled files is a whole nother ball of wax.

Depending on how hard it is to find the source files, it may be easier to just create new Cp projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources