• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Flash Player on W2K12 R2 without Desktop Experience

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get Adobe Flash Player installed using some type of stand alone installer rather than enabling the Desktop Experience feature of W2K12 R2. Enabling Desktop Experience had undesirable performance degradation, so I am looking to just run a stand alone installer.

I've spoken with Microsoft and they say this is not a Windows limitation, but rather something Adobe is not allowing. I've tried stand alone instalers for Flash 11, 12, and 13. 11 and 12 saying IE already has Flash built-in and 13 finishes installing, but is not shown as a plug-in in IE.

Has anyone had any luck getting Flash Player without Desktop Experience? Any thoughts are helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Win2012, like Win 8, has Flash Player embedded into IE by Microsoft. The ActiveX plugin cannot be installed from any download here. There is a Windows Update KB patch and two registry keys that prevent it. Unless you manually remove those, the only way to do anything with Flash Player ActiveX for Win8 or Win2012 is through Windows Update.

Those losers in Redmond (or India) only told you to get it fixed here because they REFUSE to accept responsibility for the gabrage browser they shoved down everyone's throats with IE11.

If you're in a corporate environment and cannot use another browser, then the best you can do is repair IE (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378) and run Windows update again.

If you need the "standalone" Flash Player Projector, it's here: Download the Windows Flash Player 13 Projector

If you need the plug-in for other browsers, it's here: Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

But there is no updating the ActiveX plug-in from here, in spite of what Microsoft told you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines