Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom fonts

Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can custom fonts be added to Robohelp HTML version 11?     

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For use in your output or for use while editing?

The big thing about using a custom font is to ensure that it will be available to the end user when viewing the help. I know that there are ways to include web fonts, but I'm unsure if this is what you are asking.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Better if it can be inserted during editing. However, require a particular font for output that isn't in the current list to be generated at output view.  Yes, I have customized Robohelp to generate output as per end user's availability. Would like to add a few more but couldn't locate the option to insert a new font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally RoboHelp just picks up the fonts from those that have been installed on your system. But I know there is a way when working with web pages to add "web fonts". And if you choose to go that route, you will find yourself having to make some edits to the CSS file as well as your topic. I don't believe those fonts would be listed among your choices. Then again, I've not tested this myself, so I could be wrong.

Hopefully Willam will see this post and pop in to offer more.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. Didn't know that RoboHelp picks up fonts installed in the system. But isn't this true only from the editor's end. I can test out editing the CSS file and update on this forum but not anytime soon as this isn't a priority. However, I will test the second option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. I was referring to what you see in the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use a non default font (or a Google webfont), you have to

update your style sheet to include the font file in the output. Take a

look at: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_fonts.asp

Not that RoboHelp may not display these fonts correctly in the WYSIWYG.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp