• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was the lifespan of Flash Player 12 so short? Anyone??

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone point me to the answer to this question? I've tried seaching for why the sudden jump to 13 but haven't found anyone discussing this anywhere. Does someone have any insight as to why 12 had such a short life?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here would know, and anyone who does know would be prohibited from saying so in these forums. That's been my experience during nine years here, under different accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Thanks for the response Mike. I just thought it was weird we had FP11 for like 2 or 3 years, then FP12 for only a few months, and now we're on to FP13 already. I figured there'd be a story of some sort on any of the tech news websites (or maybe a press release.. a blog post.. forum discussion.. something??), but I can't find anything anywhere.

Am I the only one curious about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was simply because FP13 with new features was ready to be released: http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/release-note/fp_13_air_13_release_notes.html#new_features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines