• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FP 13 not working

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is Windows 7 64 bit. Downloaded FlashPlayer 13, disabled ActiveX filtering, enabled Flash add-on. Youtube video tells me to install Flash Player.  FP13 appears in Control Box/ uninstall programs but not in Start/All programs. Looks like there is a piece missing. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Schwarzenegger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schwarzenegger wrote:

My system is Windows 7 64 bit. Downloaded FlashPlayer 13, disabled ActiveX filtering, enabled Flash add-on. Youtube video tells me to install Flash Player.  FP13 appears in Control Box/ uninstall programs but not in Start/All programs. Looks like there is a piece missing. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Schwarzenegger

Flash Player is not a program... It's a "plug-in" for your browser, which IS a program.

You'll find it in C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash and C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash.

If it wasn't installed, you'd never have seen it to enable it.

Are you, by any chance, using Internet Explorer 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

Thanks for this. Flash Player is indeed in the folders you mention but it does not solve my problem. How do I get it to work?

Cheers,

Schwarzenegger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using IE9. Tried to install IE11 but the installation failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody please tell me how to get FlashPlayer to work??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been through these rituals about a dozen times and always with the same result. It just does not work.

Cheers,

Schwarzenegger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me? I'd get rid of Internet Exploder. I've never liked it, it uses eighteen year old ActiveX technology that the entire computing world abandoned more than a decade ago, and it's a nightmare when it comes to HTML and CSS standards compliance.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE won't, and better... with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that, because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Mike. Funny thing is I have had Google Chrome on my computer for about a year and never had a good look at it. I have now made Chrome my default browser and all is well with Flash Player. If I dump IE altogether won’t that affect Windows Live Mail?

Cheers,

Schwarzenegger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Schwarzenegger wrote:

...If I dump IE altogether won’t that affect Windows Live Mail?

You can't "dump" IE. Just stop using it. Windows Explorer shares about 90% of its files with Internet Explorer, so it has to remain installed or you'll never see the end of Windows problems. And Windows Live Mail is accessed through Outlook, or Windows Mail, not IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines