• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refreshing new windows with multiple linked topics

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2007 Jun 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a glossary as a single topic containing bookmarks associated with each glossary term. In other topics within the project, I link terms to the glossary and open the glossary's bookmarked topics in a new window. However, each glossary term opens in its own new window, so that there are several windows open after a while. Is there a way for each glossary term to open within the same window, so that the secondary (glossary) window refreshes as each hyperlinked term in the primary window is clicked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2007 Jun 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought about using a auto sizing popup instead? By using the "New Window" you are saying that you want a NEW window opened each time the link is clicked so it is doing exactly what it says on the tin. You may be able to achieve the result you want using a little JavaScript to close an active window either via a "Close this window" link or after a set time period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2007 Jun 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Those are both potential solutions--thanks. I was hoping there was a way to replaced the contents of the "new window". In older versions of Robohelp, I thought I was able to define a secondary window that would replace itself every time a topic opened in the named secondary window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp