• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Server 5 Needed Version Check

Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a digital asset management system with a transcoding application. I will use a streaming server. I will have 10 users in the system and some long duration videos(320X240 resolution; 1-3 hours recordings). Sometimes a couple of users will stream the same video.

I would like to use Media Server Starter version but some elements in the spec list makes me to hesitate. As I am not familiar with streaming technology, I searched for them on the web but still I am undecided. Here are the limited features I wonder about,

HTTP streaming for Adobe Flash® Player compatible and Apple iOS devices 10 minutes;

IP multicast 10 minutes;

Multicast fusion for Flash Player compatible devices 10 minutes;

Application-level multicast 10 minutes;

NEW Protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming for Flash Player compatible devices 10 minutes;

Due to my needs, are these limitations important for me? If so, how are the needs affected?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Mel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Are you planning to stream to iOS (iPads/iPhones) devices? If yes this will make HTTP streaming your must have requirement

2) Are you planning to protect your content?

Multicast does not seem relevant in your case as your user load is too less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines