• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have tried to download Adobe Flash serveral times and I can't ever get passed Step 2.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in the Control Panel under Programs and it is listed there to delete.  But when I actually try to find it in the Programs list, it isn't there.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kramsey wrote:

I looked in the Control Panel under Programs and it is listed there to delete.  But when I actually try to find it in the Programs list, it isn't there.  HELP!

Flash Player ISN'T a program. It's a part of another program, called a "plug-in". It CAN'T run without a browser being open and Flash content in an open webpage. THAT'S why you'll never see it in your start menu, or in your Program Files folders.

It's in C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash 

sys32.jpg

and  C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash

sys64.jpg

If the files are there... it's installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kramsey wrote:

But when I actually try to find it in the Programs list, it isn't there.

What do you need the program for - to play local SWF files?  If so, you need to download the standalone player (Projector) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Note that the download is the player, not an installer, so you will need to make the .swf file association manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines