• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1980 X 1200 Monitor resolution and recording size

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new large monitor that is 1980 x 1200. If I record something at a lower size (800 x 600 or any of the options offered) I only get a teeny part of the screen. I tried setting my monitor to a lower resolution and ended up with a work area between two black stripes and the recording still wasn't optimal. How do I record when I have a large monitor?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a similar monitor, but I never record the whole screen, which would lead to too big file size for a published. I choose a custom resolution that will be suitable for the audience aimed at and have the application to be recorded snapping to that resolution. Changing the monitor from its native resolution never is a good idea. And recording at a resolution that will not be the final resolution of the Captivate project neither, because each scaling, whether upscaling or downscaling always leads to quality loss.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lilybiri. The problem is that what I'm trying to record takes up the entire screen (http://toxmap-beta.nlm.nih.gov/toxmap/flex) and I need to show all of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will this look to users with a smaller screen? Or are you sure they all have such a big monitor? Are you doing a classic capture or video demo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users will have to have a computer because the program is in flash so it will not be visible to cellphones or tablets that cannot run flash. It will be a video demo. I tried the capture but didn't like the flow of the screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video demo? Filesize will be huge, beware!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the alert. I'm just learning Captivate 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources