• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 13

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Flash Player plugin on my Mac and the installation was successful but I can't find it in my applications folder. I can't find it anywhere. Does it make a difference that I have Creative Cloud applications on my system as well?

OSX 10.8.5

Safari Version 6.1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins

Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt

ipi.jpg

If you need the "standalone" player (Projector),   Download the Macintosh Flash Player 13 Projector (DMG, 11.62MB)

THAT goes in the Applications folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Mike, I'll take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that I'm able to play Flash Movies in my web browser, so I'm all set there. I expected to see the player plugin in my application folder. Is this embedded as an extension to my browser and if so, how does Flash decide which browser and can I view the plugin settings? Also, if I download a video file with a Flash extension(.flv), do I need the Flash application to view it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

christopher-j wrote:

Is this embedded as an extension to my browser and if so, how does Flash decide which browser and can I view the plugin settings?

On a Mac, whatever browser you use (with the exception of Chrome, which has its own embedded separately) will automatically activate the plug-in from the Internet Plug-ins folder whenever Flash content is present and played in a webpage.  That's for Firefox, Opera, SeaMonkey, iCab, OmniWeb or Safari.

Also, if I download a video file with a Flash extension(.flv), do I need the Flash application to view it?

The standalone projector I linked to in my previous post, will play SWF files and some (but not all) FLV files.

VLC Media Player works MUCH better for FLV playback, but a lot of sites these days have MP4 video which downloader plug-ins will also download. Usually, they're smaller than FLV files of the same video, and they playback is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines