• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 9 just won`t go away.

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m running Windows 8.1 64 bit. When I double click on an swf file, the box comes up and it says Adobe Flash Player 9. I searched for "Adobe" and then "Flash" on C:/ but did not find anything outside of the AppData folder (in Roaming) and I deleted that but it did not fix the problem. I did not find a standalone Adobe Flash Player, 9 or anything else.

I installed the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player, 13.0.0.182, but when I click on an swf file, it is Adobe Flash Player 9 that plays it, no matter where it is on my HD.

How can I get rid of Adobe Flash Player 9? Please don't tell me to search for Adobe Flash Player on my computer. I did that 100 times and came up with nothing outside the AppData folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laslaw01 wrote:

Please don't tell me to search for Adobe Flash Player on my computer. I did that 100 times and came up with nothing outside the AppData folder.

C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash

sys32.jpg

C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash

sys64.jpg

THOSE are where you'll find Flash files

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both those locations, there is no Adobe Flash Player 9. There is FlashPlayerPlugin 13.0.0.182 and FlashUtil32 12.0.0.39 ActiveX and FlashUtil32.13.0.0.182.

Yet when I click on swf files, I get Adobe Flash Player 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laslaw01 wrote:

Yet when I click on swf files, I get Adobe Flash Player 9.

Then you have the "standalone" Flash Player Projector somewhere on your system, because the plug-in WON'T play SWF files locally without you specifically choosing to open them in a browser window.

Download the Windows Flash Player 13 Projector (EXE, 9.95MB)

That's the newest standalone player.

The standalone projector runs from the Program Files (x86) folder.

If you have a Creative Suite installed, it can alsobe in a Players folder of Flash Professional, Flash Catalyst or Flex Builder.

What to search for is "flashplayer_9_sa.exe"  or just "flashplayer_sa.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Creative Suite installed. I searched both for flashplayer_9_sa.exe and flashplayer_sa.exe and did not find either on the computer. But I found the culprit! In Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Help there was an exe file "FlashPla.exe" and sure enough, that was Flash Player 9 that all my files were accessing. (Now they're opening 13.)

Thanks for your help...it led to the right solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laslaw01 wrote:

But I found the culprit! In Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Help there was an exe file "FlashPla.exe" and sure enough, that was Flash Player 9 that all my files were accessing.

I never could stand all the c*r*a*p that HP printers install. Being a Mac user, I prefer Canon printers, because they work without having to load a bunch of proprietary software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is incredible... They not only install that &*%¨ against your will, but the hide the fact by cutely renaming it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines