• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp X5 and MS Word 2003 as default editor

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm in Robohelp X5 and opening topics using MS Word 2003 as the default editor, the styles associated with each topic (added to normal.dot) do not save correctly. So, upon re-opening each topic, the entire document must be re-formatted as the styles are either lost or changed, i.e. bullets become numbers or letters with different indentation and spacing, etc.) I don't think the problem is with MS Word, since when I'm not using Robohelp, other MS Word files do retain the styles correctly.
Has anyone experienced this problem when opening topics from Robohelp X5 using MS Word 2003 as the default editor?
Any solutions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi atrzebunia and welcome to our community

Are you saying you are using RoboHelp HTML? Then designating Word 2003 as your editor? If so, you may as well get used to the struggle. I'm not sure you will find an acceptable solution.

If you are editing HTML content, I'd highly recommend that you switch to something designed to edit HTML content. Either use the RoboHTML WYSIWYG editor or possibly Dreamweaver.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Rick. I am using Robohelp HTML for our on-line manuals. I switched from using Robohelp WYSIWIG because it has very limited formatting options with regard to bullets, numbers, indentation, etc. So, do you know why Robohelp would offer MS Word as an editor if it creates so many issues with formatting? Is MS Word an ideal editor for non-html Robohelp projects?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2007 Jun 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp started as a Word toolbar and in some environments there is simply nobody who can use any other editor. Others can but prefer not to. I take the same view as Rick, if you are creating HTML help, do so with an HTML editor.

It also means you can do things with the help that cannot be done using Word as the editor. For example some people like a graphic that changes when clicked such as when the user accesses dropdown text.. It opens up many possibilities.

With Winhelp gradually dying, online help is becoming HTML based.

BTW. You referred in your first post to Normal.dot. That is not the template that RoboHelp for Word is applying to your documents. In Word, look in File | Properties or look in Templates.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2007 Jun 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter. I appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp