Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder improvements, Syntax coloring, Custom format, Auto close

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying Flash Builder 4.7 but I see there is missing features in the Softaware.

I didn't found this important features in the preferences and I think you could add this new features in the new version of FB:

• Syntax coloring like Flash Professional: Coloring the AS3 keywords properties and methods like (addChild, x, y, width, height, etc.)
  • Custom format code. In FB 4.7 there no way to custom the format code in AS3 but you can do it for Java.
  • AutoClose : Inserts matching bracket, paren, brace or quote
  • A list of color themes

I hope it will help to improve this software.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google - Eclipse.

Google - Styling Eclypse.

There are plugins out there which will allow you to do this.

As for FlashBuilder catching up with the capabilities / features of Sublime, Aptana, Ultraedit etc is down to Adobe.

Many of us have been begging Adobe for these features for years, along with stability, automation, better sdk handling and so much more...

If you really really want to use a different editor look into compiling your AS3 code without using FlashBuilder and automating this into your favourite sofware.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the only features I found is color themes.

http://eclipsecolorthemes.org/

But impossible to find the other plugins.

The most important one is the :

• Syntax coloring like Flash Professional: Coloring the AS3 keywords properties and methods like (addChild, x, y, width, height, etc.)

Why not include this feature in Flash Pro but not in Flash Builder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had the feel/assumption that Flash is more of a priority to Adobe than Flex / FlashBuilder evere was/is. Try using FlashDevelop with Flash to compile.

If by action we can assume answer then the following I would assume:

Adobe: Don't fix old bugs in FlashBuilder even when it was still named Flex, only seen updates to major / critical bugs

Assumed reasoning for this: Low priority product, not enough resource allocated to product development, no development time assigned to enhancing / correcting the old components, eclipse product enhancement is beyond their skill set, or just simply don't care...... pick one and go with it.

Joe Public: Requested better code colouring, syntax highlighting, language recognition (many years ago)
Adobe: Added new commands to intelisense and informational popups when they arrived but apart from that not much else has been done.

Assumed reasoning for this: Low priority product, not enough resource allocated to product development, no development time assigned to enhancing / correcting the old components, eclipse product enhancement is beyond their skill set, or just simply don't care...... pick one and go with it.

Joe public: Left to hoping Eclipse plugins can help with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before advise FleshDevelop, you must remember that many people work on Apple Mac computers or on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. I am part of the cloud (forced into the cloud)
2. I like eclipse from 1904, just because I don't get the basic features which come with most free and paid for solutions these days doesn't make it complete shait
3. I agree FlashBuilder could be a lot better but so could the movies being released these days
4. Yes it's full of bugs (I'm getting that feeling again where what was typed in the past wasn't read correctly)
5. FlashDevelop on Linux.. Don't you drink wine? or use eclipse and hack an install of flex. Why bother if adobe don't even support it? Waste of time. Find alternative solutions and they are out there.

6. Awww no FlashDevelop for Mac users, oh well tough for them. And I should care because? Again find an alternate. Geez, Do I have to spoon feed you? Google Fu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Builder = bad product.

Still is full of bugs that are known for many years.

Still do not have the ability to customize the code coloring highlighting from out of the box.

You spend money for nothing if you buy this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines