• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player v13.0.0.182 installation issues?

Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else experiencing issues after Adobe Flash Player v13.0.0.182 installation, via SCUP (Flash Player appears to be missing from Control Panel, and not recognized as being present, when visting Adobe web link to reveal current Adobe Flash version)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue.  I deploy via SCCM and the deployment status does not come back with any errors.  Our users are complaining becasue they can not complete their training sessions that are viewed in flash.  We are deploying to Windows 7 PC's.  The Flash is also not showing up in the control panel either.  Thanks in advance for anyone who can share any insight on this. One other note, if I download and install Flash manually  (option to install Chrome) version it works fine. However this is not an option to deploy out to our enviornment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, JaySCCM.  We're also deploying to Windows 7 PC's.  I'm not currently sure how wide-spread the issue is (we've confirmed on 6 or so clients at my location, and a few clients each at a couple different locations).  Here's what I shared with our staff (so far); 

Here's what I did on my PC (and now, Flash is listed in my CP, where it was previously missing), to get latest flash version to appear - when visiting web link below;

**To see if the Flash plug-in is working and what version is being used, visit this page:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

1-You should see current version, or if your Flash is malfunctioning/not recognized; you'll be offered "Install" button.

2-Confirm installation (assuming user has permissions), by clicking "Yes".

3-Place check mark beside "I have read and agree to terms...", then click on "Install".

4-If installation completed successfully, place check mark beside "Never check for updates...", then click on "Done".

If previous Flash didn't uninstall successfully, you'll end up with two Flash entries under "Programs and Features".  Retrying uninstall, after successfully installing fresh version of Flash, will remove both instances.  If you want to and do remove both instances; Simply revisit Adobe link above, to re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  A certain percentage, probably about 10% have the issue.  I can see no common reason.  Still that's a lot of machines for me to fix by hand!!  I've yet to come up with a consistent way to fix the issue either. 

The automated way to tell if the machine is broken is to look in the registry.  If the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX is missing, then the install is screwed up and flash player won't work in IE even though it's installed.  I'm using this in my config manager right now as a baseline to determine exactly which machines are broken.

So far the only way I've come up with to fix the issue is to use the Flash Player uninstaller tool, reboot, use it again, pray, then install the MSI.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes I have to delete the system32\macromedia directory even though it's empty.  I have no idea what I'm doing to fix the problem and what step is actually fixing the issue.  Frustrating.  But for me, simply uninstalling and reinstalling does NOT fix the problem.  Even using the Flash uninstaller tool, rebooting, and reinstalling doesn't fix the problem.  Very frustrating.  If I can't figure out exactly what's fixing the problem, I can't automate the fix.

I'll try RMAC's solution on the next computer I attempt to repair.  If it works, that's a lot easier than what I've been doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Flash Player 13.0.0.201 for Mac is now available from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

--Moving this to Flash Player forum.--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines