Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrading to a new server

Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on coldfusion 9 with win serv 2003. We are moving everything to a new server with win server 2012. Is 9 compatible? If I have to upgrade to 10, then what is the best way to do it. Can I install v. 9 on the win 2012, then immediately upgrade with v 10? or will, I have to purchase a full copy of 10 and do a fresh install. I am thinking, there should be an upgrade path, and not require me to buy it all over again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CF 9 is not supported with Windows 2012, check CF 9 support matrix : https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/coldfusion9-support-matri...

CF 10 is independent of CF9. So if you want to install CF 10 on your new server, you need not to install CF 9. However, when you purchase CF 10, you need not to pay the full version price. You just need to pay CF 10 upgrade price.

CF 10 Standard

Capture.JPG

CF 10 Enterprise

Capture1.JPG

If you own CF 9 Enterprise, there is a benfit for you. You can create car file (Package file of CF 9 that contain all CF 9 backup like data sources, schedule tasks etc) and deploy that in CF 10

HTH

Thanks
VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation