• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC "Updates could not be applied, Updates have been suppressed by the administrator"

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro

Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

I am the administrator of this machine with complete and full access.

Situation: 

I tried to open After Effects and received this notification:

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 12.20.55 PM.png

I then proceeded to uninstall AE CC and reinstall using the Adobe CC Desktop App.

Upon trying to reopen AE, I received the same message.

I then started googling to troubleshoot and came upon this update:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5735&fileID=5749

Downloaded and proceeded to install which then brought up this issue:

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 12.23.31 PM.png

Which then lead me to doing more troubleshooting via google.  I found this solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1369476

which suggests that I:

Delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

NOTE:  The file path works up until you get to the folder AAMUpdaterInventory.  The folder is wrong.  It is AAMUpdater (at least on my mac).

None the less, I proceed and delete the file.

I try reinstalling:

Adobe After Effects CC (12.2.1) update

And get the same message as before (shown above)

I RETRY the same solution but this time rename it.  Same resulting error.

I RETRY the same solution but this time utilize the terminal to find the file and delete it (per this suggestion: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5878107)

Terminal can't find the files (for either spellings of AAMUpdaterInventory / AAMUpdater).

Further troubleshooting and I follow this solution:

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/02/12/prevent-crash-on-export-with-premiere-pro-cc-adobe-me...

I uninstall and reinstall the Adobe CC desktop app.

Run the program.  Doesn't work.

Run the update.  Same Error.

I contact Adobe Customer Support.  I end up in a screen share with some Adobe representative with his previous customers computer screen still open in the screen share program, basically showing me everything on her computer... and the agent sits there pretty much helpless blaming her for 15 minutes.  Clearly helpful.  (breach of security?)

I have literally tried every avenue of troubleshooting to resolve this and it's beginning to seem hopeless.

Who's got some useful solutions for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall CC and AE

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool, reinstall Creative Cloud and then AE from CC.

Let us know if that does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed these instructions verbatim and ended up exactly where I was before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this message now when I try to open AE CC.

Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 12.35.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Process:         After Effects [1752]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC/Adobe After Effects CC.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Identifier:      com.adobe.AfterEffects

Version:         12.0 (12.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [400]

Responsible:     After Effects [1752]

User ID:         1115053041

Date/Time:       2014-04-22 12:35:21.115 -0700

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

Report Version:  11

Anonymous UUID:  E0811F87-6ECC-6EB8-414F-5D27B9C93261

Crashed Thread:  0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000000f

VM Regions Near 0xf:

-->

__TEXT 0000000100000000-0000000100004000 [ 16K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC/Adobe After Effects CC.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libc++abi.dylib                0x00007fff94b8a774 __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info::has_unambiguous_public_base(__cxxabiv1::__dynamic_cast_info*, void*, int) const + 0

1   liboptix.1.dylib                0x000000010f812017 __dynamic_cast + 119

2   COR.dylib                           0x00000001017db0b3 CORp_InitBIB(bool) + 1075

3   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework     0x000000010031c61f unsigned int U_RegisterExceptionTranslator<bool (*)(std::exception*, int*)>(bool (*)(std::exception*, int*)) + 351

4   U.dylib                                 0x0000000102e36491 U_TranslateAndReportException(std::exception&) + 273

5   FILE.dylib                           0x000000010186fc38 FILE_Create + 472

6   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework     0x0000000100233881 CEggApp::GetWorkspaceDirs(std::basic_string<unsigned short, std::char_traits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> >&, std::basic_string<unsigned short, std::char_traits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> >&, std::basic_string<unsigned short, std::char_traits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> >&) const + 545

7   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework     0x000000010025f6cd CEggApp::BirthWorkspaceMgr() + 77

8   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework     0x00000001002652ad CEggApp::IEggApp(bool, bool) + 861

9   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework     0x000000010024cca2 CEggApp::CEggApp(bool, bool, int) + 1154

10  com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework   0x00000001002735ec MainMain(bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, unsigned short const*, bool, void**, int, int, int) + 1052

11  com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework   0x000000010027319b EggMain(bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, unsigned short const*, bool, int) + 59

12  com.adobe.AfterEffects                0x00000001000039b7 main + 1927

13  com.adobe.AfterEffects                0x0000000100003224 start + 52

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash is because you're trying to use After Effects CC (12.0), not a version after that. You need an update to run After Effects on Mac OS X v10.9 (Mavericks):

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/10/after-effects-cc-12-0-1-update-fixes-crash-on-mac-os-x-v...

If you can't install the updates, then contact Adobe Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd,

Please read above.  I have tried multiple times to install the update and run into the same problem over and over that everyone else is running into in multiple threads.

Also, I have tried to contact customer service and they seem more lost than I am:

I contact Adobe Customer Support.  I end up in a screen share with some Adobe representative with his previous customers computer screen still open in the screen share program, basically showing me everything on her computer... and the agent sits there pretty much helpless blaming her for 15 minutes.  Clearly helpful.  (breach of security?)

I have literally tried every avenue of troubleshooting to resolve this and it's beginning to seem hopeless.

Do you have any other solutions or is this product just dead in the water for me?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just asked someone on our technical support staff to contact you. They said that they got your voicemail. They'll keep trying.

Note that our first-tier customer support staff are not the same as our video products' technical support staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. Is there a solution for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said to the previous poster:

If you can't install the updates, then contact Adobe Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd — I'm having this exact same problem. Tier 1 support via chat in India is hopelessly ineffective.

The big question on my mind is after using CC Cleaner to de-install Adobe CC, why doesn't CC Desktop install the most current versions of the CC apps? AE is at 12.2.1, yet CC Desktop installs 12.0 which won't work on Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Tier 1 support via chat in India is hopelessly ineffective.

Then insist on being escalated to a higher tier.

> why doesn't CC Desktop install the most current versions of the CC apps? AE is at 12.2.1, yet CC Desktop installs 12.0 which won't work on Mavericks.

The base x.0 version is installed and then the updates are immediately applied. If something is preventing the update, that is where problems arise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this error might be related to Creative Cloud Packager — my initial Photoshop CC install was done with it. It looks like the CC Cleaner app leaves something behind that prohibits updates from being applied even after a deinstall and then reinstall with CC Desktop.

PkgMgr.png

I'm reinstalling with CC Packager now, but I've enabled updates for admin users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found this thread before found thread with solution that worked for me; so for people in similar situation as me:

Answer in following thread (at least for me): adobe application manager fails to update

"Problem solved:

I found the problem is due to AAME installing a pref file which DISABLES updates from working in CS products. The AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file. This is quite a pain and

someone installing Adobe CS with AAME may not be aware that this file is being installed, making it very confusing for administrators.

The solution is to delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Then run Update from Photoshop (or other app probably) and Update works.

Full details are on Adobe's website at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html"

Should add, file is located here in Windows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat"

Should also add that the file is created on first install and is useful - replace when update completed or modify line:

<Preferences>

<Suppressed>1</Suppressed></Preferences>"

to

"<Preferences>

<Suppressed>0</Suppressed></Preferences>"

NB: You will need admin rights for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines