Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to submit a query recordset to a remote server

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

I've been tasked with a project that will involve querying a table on one server, then sending the data to a remote server that will take the data and insert it into another database (the two db cannot communicate directly with each other.)

I've never had to do something like this, before.  What is the best way to achieve the desired results?  Is there a way to "submit" a query (anywhere from 1 to 5 records at any given time) to the remote server without incorporating WDDX?

CF9 environment, soon to be CF10.

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Hi, @BKBK,

Not permitted.

It's kind of tedious, but what I've worked, so far, is to have CF1 select data from DB1, SerializeJSON the data, use cfhttp to POST the data to CF2.

THEN, CF2 DeserializeJSON the data back into a query object and insert that into DB2.

Unless you think there's a better way to do it?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is running on the remote server?  ColdFusion, .Net, PHP, Ruby, etc.?  Or is the remote server the other database server?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Carl,

Thanks for your reply.  The receiving server is a CF server hooked to another db.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade wrote:

... querying a table on one server, then sending the data to a remote server that will take the data and insert it into another database (the two db cannot communicate directly with each other.)

So, you have 4 servers: CF1<=>DB1 and CF2<=>DB2. What about CF1 bypassing CF2, and inserting the data to DB2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @BKBK,

Not permitted.

It's kind of tedious, but what I've worked, so far, is to have CF1 select data from DB1, SerializeJSON the data, use cfhttp to POST the data to CF2.

THEN, CF2 DeserializeJSON the data back into a query object and insert that into DB2.

Unless you think there's a better way to do it?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WolfShade

Sounds cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @BKBK.  I'll complete that procedure and mark it as correct.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @BKBK.  Sorry for not following up yesterday; I was away from my desk all day.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, Carl.  I appreciate all opinions on this matter, whether they concur or differ.

I'm in the process of finishing it.  Minor tweaks, error trapping, etc.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation